When we were little, we only eat when we are hungry and then stop when we feel full. But as we grow older, the desire to eat more increases because we see the food around us like media, people around us and places where food is readily available. The temptation is more powerful especially when we are present in any occasion where food is unlimited and we take advantage of it.
Eating whole foods like vegetables, plants and fruits when we are hungry helps to fill us immediately. But many of us still obsessed with overeating especially if it is not real food (processed food), so here are some tips and advice to help us avoid overeating.
- Eat slower and chew food well
- Choose whole foods and nutrient dense food
- Always eat breakfast
- Consume more raw vegetables and fruits
- Stop eating refined and processed food
- Avoid artificial sweetener
- Drink water regularly
- Eat foods every 3 to 4 hours
- Have a healthy snack prepared and ready